Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Will Study for Food

Scholar Athlete Milk Mustache of the Year (SAMMY) Award- This $7,500 scholarship, free trip to Disney World and spot in a Milk Mustache ad are available to 25 student-athlete high school seniors with 3.20 GPAs who participate in school or club sports.


I found this scholarship by just searching lists of scholarships and one of the posts was title the "45 weirdest college scholarships." I took a look at it and this scholarship was the second one on the list, and to me it actually seemed pretty interesting and different. Not only does the people who earn this scholarship get $7,500 but also a trip to Disney World and a spot in the Milk Mustache ad which is unusual but still two additional perks that a lot of scholarships don't offer. Plus any athlete who applies for this scholarship has a good chance of earning it because not every high school student plays a sport, therefore it enlarges the chances to gain the scholarship and still not every athlete has at least a 3.2 G.P.A which increases a person's chances who meet all the criteria pertaining to the scholarship.
I need scholarship money because I was raised in a household with a single parent and two other sisters so even though my mom has a college savings for me it's not going to cover my 4 year tuition or all the extra essentials that come along with college life. College is expensive and any and all the money that I can earn will help me in some way. I honestly don't know how much money I can earn or the amount of different scholarships offered yet. I woud hope to earn anywhere from $1,000 and above. One of the schools I am looking at, FIDM, costs around $45,000 a year and anoher school CSULB is around $25,000 whuch is kind of a wide range. FIDM is primarily more expensive because it is a fahion speciality school and Long Beach is a Cal State. Both are still expensive even though FIDM would be more difficult to come up with the money, Long Beach will still add up to $100,000 and above over the four years. Really any scholarhsp I can find and apply too, I will so I can have the chance to earn some money to further my education.

No comments:

Post a Comment