Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Reflections on Week 1

1. All the other factors such as schoolwork, sports, and college aspects might make me spend more time on assignments or stay up later, but I will always get my work done and turned in on time. Actual participation in class and speaking up during discussions might be harder for me because I'm not comfortable talking in front of people I'm not used to being around.
2. I was going into Junior High I was supposed to go to Lakeview because I went to Alice Shaw, but my mom coached the volleyball teamat Orcutt. I was conflicted on where I wanted to go. Either I left all the friends I've ever made or I played volleyball against my mom. So I chose to go to Orcutt, I was scared, nervous, sad and excited, because it was a new school and I had to make new friends. Plus I was leaving my old friends but I was going to play volleyball for my mom. I learned that I made the right decision by going to Orcutt because I made new friends that are still my best friends today, I excelled academically both years, and we were undefeated both years in volleyball as well. At the time I didn't really like gong to Orcutt because I still missed my old friends and I still wasn't that close to my new ones. When it started to get closer to eighth grade graduation I was happy that I ended up staying at Orcutt because four of my best friends were from there as well, Hannah, Judith, Haley, and Kennedy. If  I would've never went to Orcutt I would've never met these four people who have helped shape me as a person and I know I couldn't live without. It taught me that I  had to go through a dramatic change to in the end receive a great outcome by taking a gamble at the start.
3. I am both excited and nervous for the open learning process because I like the independence that comes with it, and the fact that we have our on blog with all our own work is pretty cool too. I'm not that open of a person and so when it comes to a classroom or larger setting I tend to close myself off and stay quiet. So that's going to be a challenge I want to overcome, so I can become more confident with my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment