Monday, January 26, 2015

AP Prep Post 1: Siddhartha


1. In context, the word “ablutions” (5) most likely means

(A) forgiveness

(B) prayers

(C) rituals

(D) religious cleansings

(E) devotions

2. We can infer that “Om” is

(A) a sedative

(B) like an opiate

(C) a prayer

(D) a meditative recitation

(E) a routine

3. The passage’s primary purpose is to

(A) portray a culture

(B) characterize Siddhartha through the perceptions of others

(C) introduce Siddhartha

(D) characterize Siddhartha through descriptions of his setting

(E) characterize Siddhartha through figurative language

4. The first sentence of the passage can be described as

I. periodic

II. containing repetition

III. containing metaphor

(A) II only

(B) I and II only

(C) II and III only

(D) I and III only

(E) I, II, and III

5. The dominant technique in the first paragraph is

(A) anaphora

(B) personification

(C) asyndeton

(D) allusion

(E) metaphor
For the AP test it's going to be key to know the literary terms and elements. It's going to contain a lot of reading so in order to comprehend what I'm going to be reading I need to read and understand the text the first time thoroughly so I don't waste time on trying to reread it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment